"Skype reached its 20 millionth registered user in North America!"
As usual, let me correct this statement: they mean “registered user names”, not "registered users", and this isn't equal to "active users", see my explanation here in Skype Journal and on some of my previous posts!
Let us assume the numbers are however correct, this would mean that:
- 8 % of the active Worldwide Skypers are from the USA
- 6.6 % of the USA population are Skypers
- 10 % of the “active” population of the USA are Skypers (discounting people older than 65 years, and younger than 14 years)
- 8.6% of USA internet users are Skypers (not 10% like stated on the Skype blog!)
- Spammers also register multiple usernames to "attack" their victims